Neopixel Cylindrical LED display?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Threshold_Engineering

Neopixel Cylindrical LED display?

Post by Threshold_Engineering »

I've been working with a Neopixel ring and love it.

However for my project a cylindrical ring (LEDs facing out) would work much better. I know I can use the strips, but would prefer something more rigid and mountable like the rings are.

Does adafruit offer such a thing and I just can't find it?

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks

Disciple

Re: Neopixel Cylindrical LED display?

Post by Disciple »

I'm a hobbyist that started with NeoPixels. I've been through the Adafruit catalogue and shopped WS2812s in other stores and never seen such an arrangement. You may have to slice a ring of PVC pipe and glue a strip around it with E6000 or something. Best of success.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

Threshold_Engineering

Re: Neopixel Cylindrical LED display?

Post by Threshold_Engineering »

Thanks Disciple, I appreciate the feedback.

I was afraid of that.... I have no problem making a few that way for prototyping, but I was hoping an off-the-shelf part existed for production volumes. A custom part will not be cost effective even at max volume.

Thanks again for responding.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”