Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
webtop

Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)

Post by webtop »

This is not a request for help, it's just a note that I tried to post to another thread of the same topic, but the other topic had been locked.

Something I want to say though, reading this other thread: when an application posts a different error message to the one in the original thread, don't post in that thread, because your issue is different.

That thread drove me nuts...it has 3 or 4 different issues in it, related yes, but not the same.

Anyway, gripe over, etiquette stick put away. What I wanted to add to that thread was: when you encounter issues with drivers not finding devices in windows, uninstall the device from Device Manager, make sure to check the box that says "Delete driver software also", then...and this is probably the most important part: change the USB port you're using. If Windows sees the same device in the same port, it will not reinitialize the driver discovery process. Once you change port, Windows will see an unknown device on an unused port and kick of discovery. It's not a Windows issue so much as it;s just doing something to try to save time.

Anyway, I'm not saying this is going to solve all your problems (because you may actually have a driver conflict), but this should be one of the first things you try.

Save yourself a headache, because DIY electronics can be when you try to pair them with professional electronics.

HTH

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”