Trinket 5V Not working

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BMarshall19

Trinket 5V Not working

Post by BMarshall19 »

I have recently bought a Trinket 5V, It arrived I tried uploading some code after updating my driver and plugging it in. Firstly:
1 - It did not go into boot-loader mode, instead the Green light stay on consistently and the Red light stayed on for 3 seconds before turning off. When I clicked the reset button the red light entered this state of 3 seconds on the completely off.
2 - My PC did not pick up the trinket being plugged in, it did not show up on the Device manager, I tried multiple cables.
I thought the bootloader may just need repairing so borrowed a friends UNO to reset it as shown on your website, after a few tries it said I got a completed successful reset of the boot-loader, I plugged it back into my PC, no change.
Im honestly stumped for ideas, I tried resetting the boot-loader many times, re-updating the drives and different versions of the Arduino IDE.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dastels

Re: Trinket 5V Not working

Post by dastels »

It's not great news, alas. The old Trinkets are getting a bit long in the tooth and their USB support doesn't always work the best with a newer computer. Keep trying, but expect it to be hit or miss. Your best course of action is to upgrade to a Trinket M0.

As noted at the top of the product page:
Deprecation Warning: The Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Trinket so that people can maintain some older projects, we no longer recommend it. Please check out the Trinket M0. It has built-in USB, more capabilities, and is comparable in price!
If you have an older computer to use with it, it should work better.

Dave

BMarshall19

Re: Trinket 5V Not working

Post by BMarshall19 »

Well, thank you for your trouble.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”