LOCKED- READ THREAD, BUYER BEWARE - Xoxbox group buy ~ $450?

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
helyx525

Re: completed Xoxbox group buy, ~ $450?

Post by helyx525 »

All I can tell you is that the draft he sent me on Tuesday, May 25th started with this paragraph:
The xoxbox was first introduced by Adafruit Industries as a DIY Roland TB-303 clone.
Based as an open-source project in which anyone could modify the hardware or firmware (software which
drives the functions and sequencer of the hardware) in 2005 the project began to surface.
I'm not trying to speak for him. I'm trying to communicate my point of view. I honestly dont think he was trying to make trouble here with respect to the attribution requirement.

I've asked him to come on the forums. Thats up to him.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Helyx525 wrote:I'm not trying to speak for him. I'm trying to communicate my point of view. I honestly dont think he was trying to make trouble here with respect to the attribution requirement. I've asked him to come on the forums. Thats up to him.
so far cy has manufactured for profit based on our designs and refused to credit us as the designers for the product he is selling, this in conflict with what you're saying - it would be best if cy 1) updated the pages / product with our request and 2) visit the forums and express his feelings. please do not continue to interpret or post his point of view.

if cy is really going to credit us as the designer of the product he is selling and is not "trying to make trouble here with respect to the attribution requirement" he can say it clearly and say it here.

this could have been solved days ago with one or two sentences from him. none of this is good for customers, his business or for the project.

isak

Post by isak »

Hi Phil / Limor

i have read what u wrote and there is no doubt that u'r right.
there is nothing u can do right now, the order have been made.
if this is so much important to u make a list with official distributors names, people that have u'r permission to sale, make or what ever..

i said this to Dan and i'll say it here..if Cy is smart he will do what u ask, if he's stupid this will be his last sale.
u dont need to do nothing, people will see this post and thats it.. so dont put u'r mind into dark things put u'r mind on how u can make us happy and reverse-engineere the MINIMOOG :mrgreen:

P.S Dan is a good man that wants the best for me and for him and believe me he is not stupid, if he was thinking that we are going to be F.... by Cy the order was not had happened.

Peace, Isak E.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi dan, another deadline for cy has passed based on what he promised you (and us) - still not a single email or post from him. a lot of excuses like back pain, server crashes and bosses out of town - but nothing else.

at this point i'm not comfortable with anyone involved with cy and this group buy using our forums to conduct business until it's resolved. this means that unless something changes i'm going to need to disable your account temporarily. i do not want to see customers lose their money and our work being sold uncredited, adafruit will not be part of that, we cannot support a sale of something that is clearly not following our licensing. we will also not allow cy to skirt around crediting us on our designs he is selling through you, through our forums. you continue to speak for him, we're done with that.

i'm very sorry you're caught in the middle of this but it's not fair to use our forums to make sales on our work when it's clear cy is doing something wrong and consistently you've seen he's trying to confuse matters (the seller you complained to us about actually did credit us as they were supposed to). since you have a direct line to cy please let him know this is 100% in his hands. since you have the funds, we suggest you inform customers, give refunds or work with cy to resolve this - but you can't use our forums until this is resolved. cy needs to contact us immediately.

you can email directly if needed: [email protected] - we can reactivate your account once this is all resolved.

hamburgers

Re: LOCKED- READ THREAD, BUYER BEWARE - Xoxbox group buy ~ $450?

Post by hamburgers »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”