n0nx0x2 - Stop issues

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gelabs

n0nx0x2 - Stop issues

Post by gelabs »

Since the main topic is locked (!?) :

n0nx0x2 (2.11) seems to have issues when stopping the sequencer, be it standalone or midi-slaved. Sometimes it stops correctly, ie: editing is possible in write mode and dinsync stops correctly; but most of the time a note get stuck, editing is not possible and dinsync outputs random pulses and finally restarts. I need to restart/stop the clock several times to stop the sequencer correctly. Is there a setting to correct this ? I tried a reset but it didn't solve this problem.

Thanks

gelabs

Re: n0nx0x2 - Stop issues

Post by gelabs »

If it can be of any help to diagnose the issue : when the problem appears the tempo LED stays lit.

antto

Post by antto »

gelabs wrote:Since the main topic is locked (!?)
wot?! o_O
a ton of threads are actually locked, in all of the x0xb0x subforums

n0nx0x2 (2.11) seems to have issues when stopping the sequencer, be it standalone or midi-slaved. Sometimes it stops correctly, ie: editing is possible in write mode and dinsync stops correctly; but most of the time a note get stuck, editing is not possible and dinsync outputs random pulses and finally restarts. I need to restart/stop the clock several times to stop the sequencer correctly. Is there a setting to correct this ? I tried a reset but it didn't solve this problem.

Thanks
based on the symptoms, i guess you mean stopping the master causes n0nx0x2 to freeze (tempo LED stops blinking)
this would happen on what i call "lousy" masters which stop generating sync clock when stopped

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

I think Zaquencer has a quite healthy implementation of midi clock and still generates the clock even when stopped. I'll have to check that this evening.
Could it be possible to alter the code in the firmware to react to a midistop message (even if the clock stops), and have it reset on step 1 of a pattern just like the other firmwares, for example ?

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

So, it appears that Zaquencer does indeed stop generating midiclock when stopped ...
I modified my midi routing and put an x0xb0x as masterclock, less convenient but it works ...

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

Speaking of n0nx0x, antto, could you please publish the code on Github/Gitlab ?

antto

Post by antto »

it's on gitlab but not public.. for reasons

sync masters which stop the clock when not playing are dumb, they should at least send out one or a few additional clock ticks
or "All Notes Off" or something

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

Oh ok, whatever are those reasons I respect your choice.
I have posted a request on Zaquencer forum about the clock issue, we'll see ...

Thanks anyway.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”