iPod classic Proprietary connector issues

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Majsheppard

iPod classic Proprietary connector issues

Post by Majsheppard »

I have no idea if I can get any help out of this board as I am not very versed in electronics, or if there is a better place to ask this. I love my ipod 160gb classic Ipod. Problem is the Apple pin connector to the USB cord used for charging and communications to the computer has broken on me twice. It is one of those issues where it wiggles too much and likely becomes disconnected from the board. I really need to find a DYI solution or a place that can solve this. However, the cords are harder and harder to come by as this tech is no longer supported.

The iPod is just such a great piece of tech and still holds it's value. I saw while searching that Ladyada worked on power hacking for the apple products and there is a charger that is for sale. I am hoping somehow, someone, has figured out how to replace this absurdly bad connector with a solid USB-C I would very much like to be able to use that connection to the computer and charging sources.

Any help would be much appreciated it, especially if there is someone who has the ability to do this for me.

Thank you for your time.

danhalbert

Re: iPod classic Proprietary connector issues

Post by danhalbert »

There wouldn't be any practical way of replacing the 30-pin socket on the iPod with a USB-C. The cables are not too hard to come by, e.g.:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Cer ... B00NH12EHQ

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”