Power awitch on Flora

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Penged

Power awitch on Flora

Post by Penged »

I pulled a contact pad off my Flora trying to solder a lead onto it. Is it possible to solder onto the trace coming off that pad( it looks like the 3rd one down from that side of the chip)? I don't have any resources for doing hot air re-flow work.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 1641 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Power awitch on Flora

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

None of the traces coming out the right side of the microcontroller in the photo above connect to the switch. The three next to the switch go to the TX, RX, and SDA pads at the edge of the board.

The center pin on the switch connects to a trace that runs under the switch and into the 10k resistor (marked 1002) where the silkscreen is marked 'ON'. You could solder to that pad and get a decent connection.

The bigger problem is that it looks like you also lost the pin coming out that side of the switch. Without that, there won't be any connection between the switch's output and the Flora.

You'd have to replace the whole switch, then run a jumper from the center pin to the end of the 10k resistor.

Penged

Re: Power awitch on Flora

Post by Penged »

Thanks for the detailed answer. I think I will use this for a different project.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”