USBtinyISP. Arduino Pro Mini, Windows 10 Questions

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gmcaleb

USBtinyISP. Arduino Pro Mini, Windows 10 Questions

Post by gmcaleb »

I have an Arduino Pro Mini that is loaded with operable code. The source code is no longer available. I wish to read the hex file off of the Pro Mini and write it to many other Pro Minis. I plan to do this with a windows 10 laptop, avrdude application and the USBtinyISP device from Adafruit. Is what I plan to do possible with the USBtinyISP device.

I have read a lot of post about reading the code off of the Arduino and there seems to be a lot of "sync errors" however I have not seen a solution to this error.

Finally, I have seen several posts about the avrdude command line syntax for the reading and writing of the Arduino memories, are the commands below adequate, assuming ports, etc. coincide with my specifics?

To read from a Pro Mini: avrdude -c arduino -P com20 -p atmega328p -Uflash:r:d:\hexfiles\test.hex:i
To write to a Pro Mini: avrdude -c arduino -P com20 -p atmega328p -Uflash:w:d:\hexfiles\test.hex:i

These are related to the hex file in Flash, I assume that I would also need to copy other programmed items like fuses and the bootloader. Is that correct and if so can you help me by providing some insight in to the commands for this?

Thanks, Gordo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”