Adafruit support, Jessie Mae referred me here.
1) Tell us what product you are asking about, your Adafruit order number, and when you purchased the item.
Products I purchased and have some issue with:
- RGB backlight positive LCD 20x4 + extras (black on RGB) [ID:499]
- i2c / SPI character LCD backpack[ID:292]
- The I2C backpack is not recognized as I2C device.
- Also looks like the LCD is not even powered on, despite being connected to the Pi.
I have done the same thing with other manufacture's I2C backpack and it works with no problem.
I believe that I assembled and wired them correctly.
I double-checked the wiring and it is correct. The LCD is the only device I connect to my Raspberry Pi Zero.
2) Post clear photos, focused, and detailed pictures of the front and back of the boards, as well as any connections to the board.
- photos attached
- wiring from I2C backpack to Raspberry Pi Zero:
- - GND -> #6 GND (brown jumper)
- 5V -> #4 5V (red jumper)
- CLK -> #5 I2C SCL (yellow jumper)
- DAT -> #3 I2C SDA (green jumper)
Code: Select all
tag when posting error message as well as code.[/b] N/A [b]Attachments[/b] [list] https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497413-720f1880-4e0f-11eb-8e1a-3fb1eaf9982d.jpg https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497415-73d8dc00-4e0f-11eb-8aa1-d4ec7be68410.jpg https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497417-75a29f80-4e0f-11eb-8985-fb3aca0f1afa.jpg https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497419-7804f980-4e0f-11eb-96e7-613f21cffd74.jpg https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497422-7a675380-4e0f-11eb-8b85-58d3afa95c5c.jpg https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7563926/103497425-7cc9ad80-4e0f-11eb-888a-f485ed4d538c.jpg [/list] Am I missing something? Or possibly defective? Thank you for your assistance!