UNIBBB case

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jmd2777

UNIBBB case

Post by jmd2777 »

Hi.
I recently bought 3 UNIBBB cases. On all 3 cases the top fits loosely in the case. If I turn the case vertical, the top falls out. This happens with either the mesh top or the slotted top. What is supposed to hold the top in place? Is it just a spring fit? Or is there supposed to be a ledge that holds the top? The instructions say "Install top cover by using slits on inside of case". I don't see any slits.
I want to know if mine are defective or if I'm not using it correctly.

Thank you.

drewfustini

Re: UNIBBB case

Post by drewfustini »

Normally we try to handle troubleshooting of BeagleBone hardware and software issues on here rather than through the Adafruit support email. But I think in this case, please email [email protected] as I've not used this case myself.

[update: I wrote the wrong email address initially, and I have changed it to the correct address: [email protected]]

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

its been a while since we put one together but from what i recall, it just sits on top, there's no mechanical thing keeping it there (other than gravity) and the paperclip lets you fish it off.

jmd2777

Post by jmd2777 »

The support department only pointed me back to this thread. So it seems like the top for this case is not designed to fit securely. I will post this to help anyone else who may be considering the UniBBB case. It comes with mounting holes and mounting screws. This makes it seem like you could attach it to a wall or behind a desk. However if you try to mount the UniBBB vertically, the top will fall off. As adafruit2 said, it is only gravity holding the top on.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”