Packaging for NeoPixel 1515 LEDs

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joloujo

Packaging for NeoPixel 1515 LEDs

Post by joloujo »

Hello! I am designing a mechanical keypad and I want RGB backlighting. I am designing my own PCB and I was planning on using NeoPixel 1515 LEDs (Adafruit Part ID 4492: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4492), and I am going to have them assembled by a local PCB assembly company. I'm assuming they would prefer (need?) the LEDs packaged in something more fit for SMT assembly than just a bag with loose parts. Is there any way I could get them in a cut reel? Thank you so much for the help!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Packaging for NeoPixel 1515 LEDs

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't do cut-to-length tape, but I'm pretty sure the pixels don't come loose in a bag. What you get is a 10-piece chunk of tape.

joloujo

Post by joloujo »

Thanks for the info! This helps a lot. I was a bit confused because DigiKey says that the ones they distribute come in a loose bag, and I assumed Adafruit did the same. I appreciate the clarification. Have a great day!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We put the cut strip in a bag for ease of labeling and some extra protection. That may have led to some confusion.

joloujo

Post by joloujo »

That makes sense. Thank you so much for the clear answers and timely responses! It has been incredibly helpful. I'll be sure to come back to the forums if I have any questions in the future! Have a great day.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”