Ybox errors?

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcook65

Ybox errors?

Post by bcook65 »

Got my YBox assembled and operating. Took a bit to get to where I could change the zip in the weather widget.. My webserver page looks different from the one you posted.
Ybox Webserv page
Ybox Webserv page
Ybox webserv.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 5223 times

(dont know why but forum is showing the above image twice. I only see it posted once in my text editor)

Didnt know what password it wanted so I left it blank.. but when submitted it went to blank screen and said password too short.
At that point i went back and just entered a password of my liking. The screen refreshed and it brought up the screen you showed.

good so far I guess..
Wanted to try and change the widget to the alarm widget.
went thru the steps as outlined with no problems until trying to load the widget at which point I get the following error:
Ybox Webserv page
Ybox Webserv page
Ybox webserv.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 5223 times
So at this point I am kind of stuck with loading another widget.. any thoughts?

Oh also, like your directions mention about the (regulator?) getting hot.. even soldered to the pad it is quite hot.. I noticed the propeller chip and the other IC were fairly hot or very warm. Any foreseeable issues if I fabricate some sort of heat sink to help dissipate heat??
I can fashion some fins to bolt thru hole to the regulator.
the IC chips I can make fins and use some heat sink paste and a couple small drops of epoxy to secure heat sinks to the chips..

thanks
Bill
Attachments
Upload widget error 401
Upload widget error 401
ybox error.jpg (49.43 KiB) Viewed 5223 times

bcook65

Re: Ybox errors?

Post by bcook65 »

what are the original weather widget settings that came preloaded on the ybox when I puchased it.. I think server was like ladyada.net or something. I know the infowidget(weather) I download from the downloads section is pointed to propserv. and that one does not seem to work.
Widgets.. Need more widgets.. Wish I understood spin.

thanks
Bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”