Damaged screen on Clue

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tundra242

Damaged screen on Clue

Post by tundra242 »

I bought some Clue microcontrollers for work and the display was washed out compared to one I had purchased in the past. I looked in the forums and apparently that is a known issue with the displays with the blue tab on the screen overlay. They had the blue tab on the screen overlay. I thought it was the connection so I tried unplugging and reattaching the display ribbon cable. I didnt press on the display but now it appears to have lines all through it. Can I send it back for a swap? The attached pictures are taken when running the: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-clue/arduino-test
Attachments
front.JPG
front.JPG (48.01 KiB) Viewed 705 times
back.JPG
back.JPG (59.01 KiB) Viewed 705 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Damaged screen on Clue

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Looks like the CLUE was also used for something? What are the solder blobs left over from?

tundra242

Post by tundra242 »

I developed the timer on a "red" screen protector Clue that I brought from home. I purchased 2 more Clues for use at work. When the bitmaps were unreadable on the "blue" screen protector Clue, I started troubleshooting the screen not knowing that the gamma is a known issue on that version of Clue. The solder is from soldering the wires from a foot pedal to the pads. It wasnt in operation, the display stopped working after I unplugged the display ribbon cable and plugged it back in. I didn't do anything extraordinary when unplugging and replugging the ribbon cable in, but the screen is now non-functional.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

We can replace it this time, since it seems like you were running into a known issue. But if it comes up again, please post here first before trying to self repair.

The red/blue label thing is a red herring. That has been investigated and found not to fully correlate.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement CLUE.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”