Glasses - No Arduino Connection - OSX - High Sierra -

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
D97

Glasses - No Arduino Connection - OSX - High Sierra -

Post by D97 »

Hi there - Adabox 20 arrived on Tuesday and I gave it a cursory try. I was able to upload one of the Circuit Python demos but when I sat down today to try to set up the Aruduino IDE on my High Sierra machine, I was unable to upload any of the sample code.

I followed the setup guide here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-eye ... -bsp-setup

(Incidentally, it doesn't really reference the glasses at all - it seems to be concerned with the feather, etc.)

The board shows up in Tools as: Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840 and it is seen on a port. My arduino IDE is - I think - the latest at 1.8.16.

The message that I get from the uploader is this (and I apologize for slapping a message that I don't understand here but I don't really understand this aspect of things).

Any help would be appreciated.

[3507] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/zz/5l9c5hkn06db6pn2xk5v558h0000gp/T/_MEISYIpvL/libpython3.8.dylib': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/zz/5l9c5hkn06db6pn2xk5v558h0000gp/T/_MEISYIpvL/libpython3.8.dylib, 10): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /var/folders/zz/5l9c5hkn06db6pn2xk5v558h0000gp/T/_MEISYIpvL/libintl.8.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /var/folders/zz/5l9c5hkn06db6pn2xk5v558h0000gp/T/_MEISYIpvL/libintl.8.dylib
exit status 255
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder returned 255
Error compiling for board Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840.

dastels

Re: Glasses - No Arduino Connection - OSX - High Sierra -

Post by dastels »

My thought is that it's an installation issue. You didn't follow the Linux instructions did you? https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-eye ... 2860591-12

Dave

D97

Post by D97 »

Hi - Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate the reply. No, I folllowed the OSX installation instructions. I didn't do anything with the linux driver stuff.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK. What version(s0 of Python do you have installed? Specifically, it seems to be looking for 3.8. The error looks to be coming from pretty deep in the stack.

Dave

D97

Post by D97 »

I'm running Python3 version 3.9.6 so I think that's okay. I'm going to try a linux & windows version to see if I can get some version of Arduino to talk to it but I would rather work on osx.

I do appreciate the attention and I hope it can be figured out.

D97

Post by D97 »

Has anybody had any success talking to the LED glasses on OSX through arduino? I'm looking for any sort of guidance here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”