Guess Adabox 20 contents

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelmeissner

Re: Guess Adabox 20 contents

Post by michaelmeissner »

FWIW, I just got the shipping notice today. Ostensibly it was ordered on October 19th, so almost a month late due to supply chain issues. I understand they are doing the best they can, but it is still frustrating.

BTW, the LED glasses I bought separately was the dragon. I would be willing to swap with somebody (ellemef?) who doesn't like theirs for the cost of postage (assuming USA delivery). Obviously I won't know what the version that is coming with Adabox 20 is, but I can post that as well.

I do wish there was a way going forward of specifying which silkscreen you get. I understand that it probably would add to the cost, having to have 4 separate SKEW's for the glasses.

michaelmeissner

Re: Guess Adabox 20 contents

Post by michaelmeissner »

The Adabox arrived, and it looks like I got a second dragon. So, if somebody really doesn't like the silk screen of their LED glasses, send me a private message, or reply on this thread, and we can see about swapping them.

As a side note, I had recently bought 4 lipo batteries from Amazon because I wanted them to be a specific size different from the Adafruit batteries that I have. Basically I wanted two batteries that fit behind either the LED glasses, a neopixel 16 LED ring, or my wooden bowtie that has a neopixel ring on it. And I also wanted two flat batteries that had higher capacity (4000mAh) but weren't too long or too tall. I didn't want the batteries to take up extra space, but I wanted more capacity than the 1200 mAh batteries I was using. I discovered that while each of the batteries that I bought had the JST PH connector, but the red/black wires were swapped. Time to get out the old soldering iron and change the connections.

So if you are buying non-Adafruit batteries, be sure to check how they are wired.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”