Adabox 20 control board issue

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ReddBeardii

Adabox 20 control board issue

Post by ReddBeardii »

Creating a new thread as requested. I originally posted this in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=185025

I received a board with the exact same problem. I contacted support and was instructed to post something on the forums. Below is an excerpt of what I sent to support.

"Unfortunately, one the LED glasses driver boards (ref. product ID P5217) appears to be D.O.A. I attached it to a one of the glasses boards and attached the included battery box with using the batteries that came with it and none of the LEDs on the board illuminated. The kits from my other orders are working fine. I even tried swapping the board between kits to ensure it wasn't a bad cable or something. After the other kits were tested I tried to connect the board in question to my PC with a USB cable, but it fails to enumerate. In order to rule out the cable I tried a board from one of the other kits and it works fine."

dastels

Re: Adabox 20 control board issue

Post by dastels »

I wonder if might noty be programmed. Does it enumerate/connect when you double-press reset?

Dave

ReddBeardii

Post by ReddBeardii »

What I'm seeing looks like what the other user posted in the thread that I referenced. That's actually, why I originally posted there.

When I removed it from the box and attached glasses board and batteries nothing happened. None of the LEDs illuminated or anything. I tried to toggle the on/off and press the reset button, but nothing happened. I started swapping parts around and determined that it was just the one control board. I had a similar thought about it not being programmed and tried connecting it to the PC to see if I could just drop the Circuitpython files onto it. Nothing happed when I connected it. I tried to single press and double press the reset button and nothing happened. I even tried to toggle the on/off switch with it connected via USB and that didn't yield any results. After reading the other thread I looked at it again and did notice that if power is applied via USB the charge indicator will glow faintly.

dastels

Post by dastels »

The dimly glowing charge indicator seems normal. My functioning board does the same.

To confirm, you followed the instructions at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-eye ... cuitpython to install CircuitPython?

Dave

ReddBeardii

Post by ReddBeardii »

No, I can't get it to show up on the computer to drop Circuitpython on it. It was dead when I first pulled it out of the box.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK, please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one LED Glasses Driver board.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”