Adabox 20 power trouble

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
makeLively

Adabox 20 power trouble

Post by makeLively »

Hello, I am having trouble powering on the nRF52840 LED glasses driver board.

Have no response on LED or Neo lights regardless of on/off switch position, battery pack / known good usb cable.
No response to Reset button presses.
Was this way out of the box.

Only sign of life was a dim CHG light.

Susan

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Adabox 20 power trouble

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

There was additional troubleshooting done on Discord for this. Power switch ON/OFF checked, double pressing reset tested, all obvious things attempted, etc.

Let's replace the board. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement LED Glasses Driver Board (PID 5217).

ReddBeardii

Post by ReddBeardii »

I received a board with the exact same problem. I contacted support and was instructed to post something on the forums. Below is an excerpt of what I sent to support.

"Unfortunately, one the LED glasses driver boards (ref. product ID P5217) appears to be D.O.A. I attached it to a one of the glasses boards and attached the included battery box with using the batteries that came with it and none of the LEDs on the board illuminated. The kits from my other orders are working fine. I even tried swapping the board between kits to ensure it wasn't a bad cable or something. After the other kits were tested I tried to connect the board in question to my PC with a USB cable, but it fails to enumerate. In order to rule out the cable I tried a board from one of the other kits and it works fine."

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@ReddBeardii Please start a new thread for your issue.

makeLively

Post by makeLively »

My replacement board works great. :)
xoxo
Susan

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”