Newbie w Arduino Question for Adabox 020

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kirksan

Newbie w Arduino Question for Adabox 020

Post by kirksan »

I've finally got the time to play around with the glasses from Adabox020 its a really cool project, I struggled a bit setting it up for Arduino, but I got it sorted and have run several of the examples.
I get the below errors when I try to load the Bluetooth Message Scroller example, this is probably a very simple and obvious issue to folks with the background, but I'm not sure what it means. I appreciate the help.

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840, S140 6.1.1, Level 0 (Release), Serial"

c:/users/carol and travis/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lnrf_cc310_0.9.13-no-interrupts

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
Used: C:\Users\Carol
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "bluefruit.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_BANNED.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_TinyUSB.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "InternalFileSystem.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_BusIO_Register.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_IS31FL3741.h"
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_LittleFS.h"
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Newbie w Arduino Question for Adabox 020

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Just to be sure - you're only hitting this issue with that specific example? If you go back to other examples, they all upload OK still?

And this is the example that is causing the issue?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-eye ... e-scroller

kirksan

Post by kirksan »

Yes just that one example and only when I tried to download the files to my computer and then upload it onto the glasses. That particular example also comes with a UF2 file, when I do it that way the eye scroller works no problem. I got to enjoy the eye scroller, which its super cool, but I didn’t learn what the error was, which is annoying. Probably I need to go back to step one and learn more Arduino.
Much thanks for following up.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we'll take a look but it compiles ok for us so please try updating to the newest arduino IDE, then make sure all the libraries and board support packages are updated

hathach

Post by hathach »

> Arduino: 1.8.10

It is due to the changes to how pre-compiled library file ( in this case nrf_cc310_0.9.13-no-interrupts) by Arduino IDE. In short, please update Arduino IDE to at least 1.8.13.

benmcl

Post by benmcl »

Same scenario here, except I'm on osx 11.6.1, Arduino 1.8.18, Arduino libraries freshly updated. UF2 pre-compiled file works great and the other Arduino eyeglass examples work, just not the scroller.

Since kirksan seems like he gave up, I posted here in the hopes of getting it working - because I want to modify the code instead of using the UF2 pre-compiled binary.

Thanks all!

Here are my error messages:
Arduino: 1.8.18 (Mac OS X), Board: "Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840, S140 6.1.1, Level 0 (Release), Serial"

Library Adafruit_BANNED has been declared precompiled:
Using precompiled library in /Users/benmcluckie/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/hardware/nrf52/1.2.0/libraries/Adafruit_BANNED/src/cortex-m4/fpv4-sp-d16-hard
/Users/benmcluckie/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: sketch/bluetooth_message_scroller.ino.cpp.o: in function `loop':
/Users/benmcluckie/Hobbies_Projects/microcontrollers/Projects/Adabox/Adabox020_Glasses/arduino_led_glasses/bluetooth_message_scroller/bluetooth_message_scroller.ino:116: undefined reference to `readPacket(BLEUart*, unsigned short)'
/Users/benmcluckie/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /Users/benmcluckie/Hobbies_Projects/microcontrollers/Projects/Adabox/Adabox020_Glasses/arduino_led_glasses/bluetooth_message_scroller/bluetooth_message_scroller.ino:118: undefined reference to `packetType(unsigned char*, unsigned char)'
/Users/benmcluckie/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /Users/benmcluckie/Hobbies_Projects/microcontrollers/Projects/Adabox/Adabox020_Glasses/arduino_led_glasses/bluetooth_message_scroller/bluetooth_message_scroller.ino:172: undefined reference to `packetbuffer'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit LED Glasses Driver nRF52840.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

click Download Project Bundle to get both files

benmcl

Post by benmcl »

Yikes! I guess I'm really a newbie! Thank you for your patience. Yes, I got everything working,

I did figure it out from the error messages, which lead me to the embedded comments "// These items are over in the packetParser.cpp tab", I added the tab, and compiling worked.

I then added partial animated LED rings that didn't cut through the middle of the scrolling text to make the text easier to read - using the glasses-demo as a starting point.

Thanks again for your patience!

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

awesome!

kirksan

Post by kirksan »

benmcl wrote:Yikes! I guess I'm really a newbie! Thank you for your patience. Yes, I got everything working,

I did figure it out from the error messages, which lead me to the embedded comments "// These items are over in the packetParser.cpp tab", I added the tab, and compiling worked.

I then added partial animated LED rings that didn't cut through the middle of the scrolling text to make the text easier to read - using the glasses-demo as a starting point.

Thanks again for your patience!
Congrats! Glad you got it sorted.
I got busy with other projects that don’t require coding, so I’ve not returned to the glasses yet. I re-downloaded the Arduino IDE, that should make a difference.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”