CLUE vertical line screen defect

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evstar

CLUE vertical line screen defect

Post by evstar »

Product: Adafruit CLUE
Order Confirmation No: 2748093-0199479921

I have just received a new CLUE device that seems to have a slight display issue. When placed in the clear acrylic enclosure horizontal lines occur:
Image 3.jpeg
Image 3.jpeg (642.29 KiB) Viewed 735 times
The issue has to do with pressure being applied on the front of the device by the acrylic case, as without the enclosure front plate the horizontal lines goes away. I have ensured that the acrylic case has not been over-tightened. My other CLUE devices work just fine with the case. Taking a closer look at this new CLUE, and comparing it with my other CLUE devices, I see that there is some defects (a scratch and dent) on what I believe is the protective film over the display connector that may be causing this issue. Images of this device on LEFT and what my other CLUE devices look like on RIGHT:
Image-3.jpg
Image-3.jpg (366.15 KiB) Viewed 735 times
This device is meant to be a gift and will need to be in the enclosure. Does this warrant a replacement?

Thanks and best regards,
Evan

adafruit_support_carter

Re: CLUE vertical line screen defect

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Thanks for the photo. Seems most likely related to whatever that damage is. Let's just replace it.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement CLUE.

evstar

Re: CLUE vertical line screen defect

Post by evstar »

Thanks for the response adafruit_support_carter. Email sent.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”