Adafruit 16 x 12 bit Servo Shield Issue

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zeref

Adafruit 16 x 12 bit Servo Shield Issue

Post by zeref »

Hi. I recently put together an Adafruit 16 x 12 bit servo shield by soldering the pins to the board. It was my first time learning to solder, and it was pretty fun putting it together. However, after testing it with basic servos and then LED lights, I discovered none of the PWM pins work. Through trouble shooting, I am certain it's not an issue with the attached Arduino, nor the code, nor the wiring. I am also certain it is not an issue with the power or ground on the Adafruit servo shield. All my V+ and ground pins on the Adafruit servo shield work when I hook them up to an LED. However, not a single one of my PWM pins works when I try to run a servo or LED. It seems unlikely that all 12 PWM pins that I soldered would be bad, while all 24 of the V+ and ground pins would be good. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on? Did I simply receive a bad board? I have little experience to know how likely this is. Thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit 16 x 12 bit Servo Shield Issue

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post some photos showing your soldering to the board.

Also, run the i2cScanner code here and report the results: https://learn.adafruit.com/scanning-i2c ... es/arduino

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”