pianoglove-nothing happens after uploading

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rlan

pianoglove-nothing happens after uploading

Post by rlan »

Hello

I'm trying to build the pianoglove (https://learn.adafruit.com/pianoglove) with flora, VS1053 audio codec, and RGB color sensor TCS34725. I'm building it on a breadboard, with a breadboard power supply 3.3V. I assemble them together just as instructed. I can successfully upload the code for pianoglove, but nothing happens after that. Even when I move a color strip back and forth above the color sensor, there are no sounds coming from the headphones.

We're hoping that through the help of pianoglove, people with visual impairment can hear the colors, and to take a step further, feel it through the DRV2605 haptic driver. Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Different than that in the guide:
1. My color sensor is different from the original (mine is https://www.adafruit.com/product/1334, RGB Color Sensor with IR filter and White LED - TCS34725); I can plug it on the breadboard. So I connect GND to breadboard negative, 3V3 to breadboard positive, SCL and SDA to appropriate flora ports.
2. I also plug VS1053 codec on the breadboard, and ground its #0 and GND, as well as connect #1 and 3V3 to the positive on the breadboard (other pins are the same as pianoglove)
3. I connect flora GND to breadboard negative, and flora 3.3V to breadboard positive.

My suspect:
1. My battery packs haven't arrived. So after uploading, I keep the computer USB connection to power the flora. But in the pianoglove guide, https://learn.adafruit.com/pianoglove/p ... e-378915-7, it says USB should be disconnected from the computer, and flora should be powered by the battery packs only. I wonder if that's causing the problem?
2. I might have connected VS1053 to the audio jack wrongly. I'm using the included 3.5mm audio jack to wired headphones. I plug the audio jack on the breadboard but not sure where should be its left or right port? I have attached a photo of my current connection.
audio jack current connection.jpg
audio jack current connection.jpg (567.01 KiB) Viewed 201 times
If the pianoglove problem is solved, I hope to use DRV2605 driver, along with the multiplexer, to read audio signal from the codec and vibrate accordingly. In this way, color will ultimately be converted to haptic motion. Also any idea & tips on how to get the multiplexer do its work? I'm hoping that the codec (correct?) performs dual roles, both as a master and as a peripheral, to receive signals from the flora and then transport it to the haptic driver.

Thanks in advance!

ps: you can find my IDE output after uploading below if needed

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware -hardware C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries -libraries C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=adafruit:avr:flora8 -vid-pid=239A_8004 -ide-version=10819 -build-path C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_116344 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.3.0.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino17.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17 -verbose C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\Flora_Piano_Glove\Flora_Pianoglove\Flora_Pianoglove.ino
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware -hardware C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries -libraries C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=adafruit:avr:flora8 -vid-pid=239A_8004 -ide-version=10819 -build-path C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_116344 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.3.0.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino17.path=C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17 -verbose C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\Flora_Piano_Glove\Flora_Pianoglove\Flora_Pianoglove.ino
Using board 'flora8' from platform in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.5
Detecting libraries used...
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o nul
Alternatives for Wire.h: [[email protected] [email protected]]
ResolveLibrary(Wire.h)
  -> candidates: [[email protected] [email protected]]
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o nul
Alternatives for Adafruit_TCS34725.h: [[email protected]]
ResolveLibrary(Adafruit_TCS34725.h)
  -> candidates: [[email protected]]
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o nul
Alternatives for Adafruit_I2CDevice.h: [[email protected]]
ResolveLibrary(Adafruit_I2CDevice.h)
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o nul
Alternatives for Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: [[email protected] [email protected]]
ResolveLibrary(Adafruit_NeoPixel.h)
  -> candidates: [[email protected] [email protected]]
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o nul
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire\TinyWireM.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire\USI_TWI_Master.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire\utility\twi.c
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_TCS34725\Adafruit_TCS34725.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_BusIO_Register.cpp
Alternatives for SPI.h: [[email protected]]
ResolveLibrary(SPI.h)
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp.c
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp8266.c
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\kendyte_k210.c
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.5\libraries\SPI\src\SPI.cpp
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\libraries\\SPI\\src" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\preproc\\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
"C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.57.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\\tools-builder\\ctags\\5.8-arduino11/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\preproc\\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Compiling sketch...
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_FLORA8 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x239A -DUSB_PID=0x8004 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Adafruit\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Flora\"" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\variants\\flora" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\avr\\1.4.15\\libraries\\Wire" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "-IC:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\avr\\1.8.5\\libraries\\SPI\\src" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling library "Wire"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Wire\TinyWireM.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Wire\USI_TWI_Master.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Wire\utility\twi.c.o
Compiling library "Adafruit_TCS34725"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_TCS34725\Adafruit_TCS34725.cpp.o
Compiling library "Adafruit_BusIO"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_BusIO_Register.cpp.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp.o
Compiling library "Adafruit_NeoPixel"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp8266.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\kendyte_k210.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp.o
Compiling library "SPI"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp.o
Compiling core...
Using precompiled core: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_116344\core\core_adafruit_avr_flora8_38686f15d02a043ed3e66e6dc0e3459d.a
Linking everything together...
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -o "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\sketch\\Flora_Pianoglove.ino.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Wire\\TinyWireM.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Wire\\USI_TWI_Master.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Wire\\Wire.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Wire\\utility\\twi.c.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_TCS34725\\Adafruit_TCS34725.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO\\Adafruit_BusIO_Register.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO\\Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_BusIO\\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\esp.c.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\esp8266.c.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\kendyte_k210.c.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617\\libraries\\SPI\\SPI.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/..\\arduino_cache_116344\\core\\core_adafruit_avr_flora8_38686f15d02a043ed3e66e6dc0e3459d.a" "-LC:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617" -lm
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.eep"
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex"
Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire
 Not used: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.5\libraries\Wire
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_NeoPixel.h"
 Used: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel
 Not used: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel-1.10.5
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.15\libraries\Wire 
Using library Adafruit_TCS34725 at version 1.4.1 in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_TCS34725 
Using library Adafruit_BusIO at version 1.11.6 in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO 
Using library Adafruit_NeoPixel at version 1.10.4 in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel 
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.5\libraries\SPI 
"C:\\Users\\DELL\\Documents\\ArduinoData\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-size" -A "C:\\Users\\DELL\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.elf"
Sketch uses 13398 bytes (46%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 779 bytes of dynamic memory.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
PORTS {COM3, COM4, COM7, } / {COM3, COM4, } => {}
PORTS {COM3, COM4, } / {COM3, COM4, COM8, } => {COM8, }
Found upload port: COM8
C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM8 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\DELL\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM8
         Using Programmer              : avr109
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
         AVR Part                      : ATmega32U4
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PA0
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    20     4    0 no       1024    4      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : butterfly
         Description     : Atmel AppNote AVR109 Boot Loader

Connecting to programmer: .
Found programmer: Id = "CATERIN"; type = S
    Software Version = 1.0; No Hardware Version given.
Programmer supports auto addr increment.
Programmer supports buffered memory access with buffersize=128 bytes.

Programmer supports the following devices:
    Device code: 0x44

avrdude: devcode selected: 0x44
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9587 (probably m32u4)
avrdude: reading input file "C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (13398 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 1.12s

avrdude: 13398 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex:
avrdude: input file C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_597617/Flora_Pianoglove.ino.hex contains 13398 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.23s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 13398 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done.  Thank you.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: pianoglove-nothing happens after uploading

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

You'll need to solder the headers onto the VS1053 breakout.
https://learn.adafruit.com/pianoglove/b ... ep-1105819

rlan

Post by rlan »

Hi Carter,

Thanks for your fast reply! I know that not soldering the headers onto VS1053 may lead to unreliable connection, but I think it can at least work/make connection (even if it's easy to lose)? I reach this conclusion because my RGB sensor's white LED lights up without me soldering its headers (but VS1053 doesn't have an onboard LED, so not sure if that makes a difference.) Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to adafruit and want to experience first without soldering. Could you kindly suggest what else may lead to the problem besides the not soldering part? I am very much grateful for your advice and time. ;)

ps: Also, does my IDE output means that the sketch has been successfully uploaded to the flora?

rlan

Post by rlan »

Found similar posts (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82463&p=416505&hili ... ve#p416505 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42671&hilit=piano+glove&start=30) except that my neopixel doesn't synchronize with the color sensor. The nexpixel lights up & stays at a random color once battery is on. However I hover colors above the RGB sensor, the neopixel wouldn't change color. I guess it's because my RGB sensor (different than that in the tutorial) is connected on the breadboard instead of directly to the flora, so loose connection problems interrupt their communication?

I have also tried the midi function test from viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42671&hilit=piano+glove&start=30, but no sounds come out either.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Things like power and continuity checks can pass with even a marginal connection and give a false sense of "good connections". For reliable connections, soldering is required.

Some of this is discussed in the soldering guide FAQ:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gui ... dering-faq

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”