Simple RF M4 Receiver pinout

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Simple RF M4 Receiver pinout

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like it might work. Especially if you don't care about the pin ordering. The other variable would be the addressing. The address pins on the modules as shipped are all left unconnected, so they respond to the default address. If your transmitter has an address configured, you will need to match that in the receiver.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Simple RF M4 Receiver pinout

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I do not know what the D0-D3 pins do, so I do not know if there is a significance to their order.
Hard for us to guess without knowing anything about your system. The module has 4 pins which will change state based on which of the 4 corresponding pins on the transmitter side are activated. Odds are that D0-D3 on one correspond to D0-D3 on the other. It should not be hard to confirm via experimentation.
You mentioned "addressing" and I have no idea what that would refer to.
If all units had the same address, everyone's garage door would respond to everyone else's garage door opener (one of the most common applications for these chips). If you read the datasheet description of the chip, it says:

https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/PT2272.pdf
PT 2272 is a remote control decoder paired with PT 2262 utilizing CMOS
Technology. It has 12 bits of tri-state address pins providing a maximum of
531,441 (or 3 12 ) address codes; thereby, drastically reducing any code collision
and unauthorized code scanning possibilities.
So you will need to figure out what address is configured for your existing module and configure the new one the same way. Addresses are configured by connecting one or more of the address pins to GND. You should be able to deduce that by examining the circuit board.
Do you know if I have to use the receiver with the 2272 chip, or can I use one of the other radios with something other than the 2272?
As the description above states: it is "paired with a PT 2262". We have not attempted to pair it with any other transmitter chip.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”