Servo does not work.

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Petet

Servo does not work.

Post by Petet »

ImageI recently ordered the Circuit Playground Express Advanced Pack. I’ve been successful at block programming a number of projects with lights and sound, but I can’t get the servos to work at all. I’m using windows 7 and I downloaded the necessary files as outlined in the book “Getting Started with Adafruit Circuit Playground Express. “
The simulator does not show a servo. The servo does not move with this code. I believe I have wires connected correctly.

rooppoorali

Re: Servo does not work.

Post by rooppoorali »

Hi, have you checked the servo separately? If it is working then looks like the simulator is either corrupted or something was missing during the installation process.

Petet

Post by Petet »

2 servos came in the kit. I tried hooking both up to 4.5 volts (three AA batteries). Nothing happened. I assumed I wasn’t hooking them up correctly because I can’t believe both servos are bad. It even without the servos connected to the board shouldn’t the emulator show a servo?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Simply connecting power to a servo won't make it do anything. It needs to see control pulses on the signal wire. This sounds like an issue with your MakeCode setup. Please post some details of your MakeCode setup. And I will move this topic to the MakeCode forum.

Petet

Post by Petet »

I inserted a “set servo A1 angle to 90 degrees” block in an “on start block. Nothing happens when I push the A1 button.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

please post a screenshot of the makecode blocks being run

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”