servo motors on servomotor hat have jittering.

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Atashnezhad

servo motors on servomotor hat have jittering.

Post by Atashnezhad »

I am using 24 servos along with servo Hat from adafruit. I am using Rpi.
Everything works fine but sometimes the servos start jittering.
I think that's because after sending the pulses to change the servo's angle, the pulse stays in and does not stop. and that's an issue.
I see that the GPIO library has the stop function. I wonder how I can stop the pins using adafruit servo hat and adafruit library?
I want a method to send a servo to a position and want the servo to stop there while there is not pulse on that specific servo. Having pulse all the time on servo makes it jittering and sometimes it just stuck, jams, and other problems.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: servo motors on servomotor hat have jittering.

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds more like an issue with your servos and/or how they are loaded. If the load pulls the servo away from the seek position, the servo will actively correct for the error. That is pretty much the definition of what a servo is.

In a poorly tuned system, the servo may under or overcorrect. This can lead to oscillations and jitter. Unfortunately, the PID coefficients for most inexpensive servos are tuned for some 'average' load and are not adjustable.

It is possible to turn off the pulse-train to a servo completely. Most servos will shut-down with no signal applied and may be back-driven by the load. However, some models of Tower servos will continue to actively hold the last commanded position as long as they are powered.: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-16- ... aq-1061341

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”