adding USB-C to itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DL_138

adding USB-C to itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Post by DL_138 »

Is it possible to add USB-C to the itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express, similarly to how one can do it with the pi pico? On a pico, there are pads labelled TP1, TP2, and TP3 on the back of the board underneath the built in micro USB plug. These correspond to D-, D+, and GND. Power must be connected to the VBUS pin right next to it. Importantly, you must connect GND to TP3, not another GND pin.

It the back of the Itsy Bitsy, it appears that there are pads labelled D- and D+, from what I can tell. However I was surprised not to find these referenced in the pinout or even the data sheet at all.

Can I use these to add a USB-C breakout? If so, what are the guidelines for where I should attach VBUS & GND?

DL_138

Re: adding USB-C to itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Post by DL_138 »

btw, just for posterity's sake, in case anyone in the future is wanting to do this and comes across this post, I did get this to work.

I used the tiny D+ and D- pins on the back of the board, the regular GND pin, and the "USB" (VBUS) pin for power. The board documentation says you should only use the USB pin as an output, but this is what worked for me!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”