Octagonal robot chassis layout

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stevewillis

Octagonal robot chassis layout

Post by stevewillis »

We just purchased 10 of the Octagon Chassis Frame (product ID 4466) and TT motors from Digi-Key for our middle school robotics club. We began assembly yesterday and are very happy with this chassis, which is a step up from the foam core board and hot glue we used last year.

Are there any additional documents for this chassis? I'd like to help the students design their own attachments for 3D-printing and would certainly benefit from having a CAD model or 2D drawing of the holes and slots.

Some sides of the chassis look like the hole arrangement is intended to receive a very specific attachment, like the 2 sides designed for the TT motors. Any information on what these were designed for would also be helpful, as I can possibly find CAD models or drawings for those objects as an alternative to have a model of the chassis itself.

Franklin97355

Re: Octagonal robot chassis layout

Post by Franklin97355 »

I'm not sure there are any drawings but will ask. You might take the chassis and design mounts as an "exercise" (that's what my teacher always called it if he didn't want to explain my question.) All kidding aside, I'll ask.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”