2 Bricked Hallowing M4's Return authorization please

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
soulrider911

2 Bricked Hallowing M4's Return authorization please

Post by soulrider911 »

Hi there. I would love some help with and or return authorization. I have two Hallowing M4's that are both bricked as far as I can tell.
Hallowing M4 #1 worked fine out of the box. I then was following this tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/hallowing-tombstone/overview. I was able to upload the "blink" file with no issues. Then -per the instructions- I uploaded the M4_eyes Arduino code and got an error. At this time the Hallowing went into its bricked state... the led constantly flickering fast.

I then followed these instructions https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-hal ... cuitpython and tried to reboot and put CircruitPython back on it, which kinda worked, but the screen only shows a command line saying "soft reboot" no matter what I do. I try the steps again, rinse repeat the same results.

Hallowing M4 #2 Bricked out of the box, aka on delivery. No screen, light flickering on the back constantly, and no matter what I do the screen appears to not work. Upon plugging into a computer it appears it was also missing all the files OOTB... wondering if this one was a previous return? I have tried putting CircuitPython on it... nothing

I would love some assistance, in returning

soulrider911

Re: 2 Bricked Hallowing M4's Return authorization please

Post by soulrider911 »

Ok I was able to fix one... but the #2 as listed in the previous post... the screen is dead for sure. SO I just need to return one.
I updated bootloaders on both as well.
Thank you

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Thanks, and thank you for trying to fix them. Do you have the bag the hallowing came in and can you post a picture so we can research the supply?

soulrider911

Post by soulrider911 »

Just as an added note on the DOA unit. It has the most recent UF2 Bootloader installed, is recognized by a computer, but the screen is for sure dead.
Attachments
IMG_7855.jpg
IMG_7855.jpg (227.9 KiB) Viewed 210 times

soulrider911

Post by soulrider911 »

Sure attached a photo of the bag.
Attachments
IMG_7856.jpg
IMG_7856.jpg (198.44 KiB) Viewed 210 times

soulrider911

Post by soulrider911 »

Can I please get an update on this? I would like a refund or please send me a replacement. It has been over 12 days. Really wish this return process was like other businesses. This "deferral" of customer service to a forum is rather frustrating.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Sorry about that. I was distracted by hardware issues but you can contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they will get you a new one. Again I apologize for not responding in a timely manner.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”