USB Type C Cable Harness

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seesemichaelj

USB Type C Cable Harness

Post by seesemichaelj »

Hello,

I'm looking to use USB Type C in my project as a connector for non-USB communication/cable harness. I'm interested in the USB Type C Socket - SMT Inline Breakout Board product (ID 4396), but I'm interested in seeing a schematic just to make sure it'll support my needs. Do you have a schematic available?

I'm also wondering if I'm reading the datasheet for the USB C cable (4198) correctly. Am I correct that there are 16 wires in that cable (A1/B1/A12/B12 share a wire and A4/B4/A9/B9 share a wire)?

Thanks!
Mike

adafruit_support_mike

Re: USB Type C Cable Harness

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

seesemichaelj wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:30 pm Do you have a schematic available?
That one doesn't have a schematic. The connections run straight across the connector, top and bottom.
seesemichaelj wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:30 pm Am I correct that there are 16 wires in that cable (A1/B1/A12/B12 share a wire and A4/B4/A9/B9 share a wire)?
Yes. The A1-B1-A12-B12-GND lines are also connected to foil shields around the A2-A3/B10-B11 and A10-A11/B2-B3 pairs. The A6-A7 pairs have their own floating shield.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”