Raspberry Pi High Quality HQ Camera - 12MP not working

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Sneha_Papineni

Raspberry Pi High Quality HQ Camera - 12MP not working

Post by Sneha_Papineni »

Howdy!

I am using the Raspberry Pi camera since 1 and half months. Recently I found out that the camera is not being detected by the Raspberry pi 4. I have even checked it with both the versions: Buster and bullseye to see if it has something to do with the softwares. Moreover, I tried connecting I with a new raspberry pi 4 and finally am able to confidently conclude that it is Raspberry Pi camera sensor which is defective.

Can you share the process of further troubleshooting or replacement procedure to rectify the issue.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.

rooppoorali

Re: Raspberry Pi High Quality HQ Camera - 12MP not working

Post by rooppoorali »

You can change the connector and see if anything gets better.

Sneha_Papineni

Post by Sneha_Papineni »

Hey,
I replaced the cable with the new one, yet the camera is still not being detected by the raspberry pi. What is the process to get it fixed and how to replace the sensor since it is faulty.
Kindly revert back with the further steps.

With regards,
Sneha Papineni

Sneha_Papineni

Post by Sneha_Papineni »

Howdy!

I have tried connecting the sensor using a new cable. Yet, the camera is not being detected by the raspberry pi which you can see in the below attached pictures. I have also attached the images of both- old vs new cable for your reference.
Faulty camera sensor (Not detected by raspberry pi)
Faulty camera sensor (Not detected by raspberry pi)
Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 3.29.48 PM.png (322.58 KiB) Viewed 64 times
Finally, it can be concluded that the issue is with the camera sensor (not with the cable). Kindly, provide me with the further steps to fix this issue. I expect to receive a new camera sensor before I send you the old/ faulty sensor., since it has been too long I've been waiting to fix this issue. Despite all the measures (bought a new cable and tried to solve it), I am struggling with the faulty sensor.

Please let me know if anything else is required to receive a new camera sensor (non-faulty).

Thanks and regards,
Sneha Papineni

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”