Fuel Gauge Monitor PLUS OLED Display?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CYMotorsport

Re: Fuel Gauge Monitor PLUS OLED Display?

Post by CYMotorsport »

Direct from the JST site. Then back to the primary guide which confirms this but I wanted to be sure I understood how it works before asking. I know if the battery is too low/dead the scan will come up empty. But does it scan BOTH ports when there's 2 batteries plugged in? To be candid, this is just a nice to have. not a need. so if this is too hairy for this forum and beyond scope, that's reasonable to me. With 2 ports, I just wish I had a way to toggle back and forth. I'm even trying to use the I2C rotary encoders to see if I can find a way to scroll but it might not be possible.

dastels

Post by dastels »

I'm still not sure what you're looking at, but the fuel gauge board supports a single Lipo. From https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-lc7 ... r/overview:
To use, connect the single-cell battery to one of the JST 2 PH ports (either one). Then use the included JST PH jumper cable to connect to your boost converter, Feather, whatever!
The 2 JST connectors are connected in parallel to connect the battery to whatever it is powering, with the fuel gauge monitoring Vbat.

Dave

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

Sorry Dave! I should have been more specific. Here's the mention below on the pinout page of the learning guide:
The two ports simply connect together, and to the battery. You can use/charge the battery while connected by having the battery on one port, and then connecting a charger/project to the other
Am I reading this incorrectly? I read this as one powers the board and another battery on the other port can be charged as well.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Yes, you're reading it incorrectly. It means that you connect the battery to one JST connector. The other JST connector is used to connect to what is being powered by the battery. If it's a feather, a LiPo backpack, a BFF, or a PowerBoost with a charger then the battery will be charged as if it were connected directly. In fact it is effectively connected directly. The gauge simple watches the Vbat.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”