MetroM4 Express No longer recognized

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wzeiger

MetroM4 Express No longer recognized

Post by wzeiger »

Hi,

I recently purchased a metroM4 express. I set it up with an Adafruit MotorShield v2, 0.56" 7 segment LED backpack, a couple of push-buttons, and a capacitive touch sensor. I was writing/troubleshooting some code when the metroM4 became unresponsive. Now the board "ON" LED will stay solid green when powered up (either with USB or DC Jack), but the board is not recognized by either of 2 computers - it does not show up in device manager nor in the Arduino IDE. I've removed all other connections. Clicking reset or trying to enter boot loader mode by double-clicking reset doesn't do anything- the "ON" LED remains solid green and the neopixel LED does not light up. Any suggestions about how to proceed or is the only solution to replace?

Thanks.

mikeysklar

Re: MetroM4 Express No longer recognized

Post by mikeysklar »

There were some Metro M4 Express boards that went out recently with no bootloader.

It sounds as though your was working initially and now not at all. Is this correct?

I assume you are still using the same known good USB cable and USB port you had been using when your development process was working?

Were you using CircuitPython or Arduino for development?

wzeiger

Post by wzeiger »

Correct - it was working and now not at all. Using the same known good USB cable and USB port. Also tried additional USB port and even a 2nd computer. I was using Arduino IDE for development.

Thanks.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

When you unhook everything connected to Metro M4 Express and try to enter bootloader mode it is still not discovered by the device manager?

wzeiger

Post by wzeiger »

Correct. If I connect just the USB cable OR just the DC power cable, I get a solid green "ON" LED. Double tapping the reset button doesn't change anything - the neopixel LED does not light up, nor do the RX or TX LEDs, and the board is not recognized by the computer - either in device manager (PC) or in the sidebar (Mac).

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Okay, let’s try a replacement. It sounds as though the bootloader has gotten into a bad state if you cannot see a serial port with a double tap of reset.

Please send an email to [email protected] requesting a replacement. They will need a link to this forum thread which is your approval confirmation and your order number.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”