Is my Grand Central Bricked

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sbarbaro

Is my Grand Central Bricked

Post by sbarbaro »

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help. I am a Newb. My Grand Central Rx and Tx LEDs will not turn off and the board doesn't seem to function appropriately. The Arduino IDE will flash programs to it and verify success. However, when I connect to the serial to get the output of a Serial.println nothing happens (baud is set correctly on both ends at 9600 as is the port). Also does not work with a simple blink example. If I double press the reset button, a folder on my windows machine showing me the bootloader. I have updated the bootloader to the latest release.
In the file INFO_UF2.TXT I see

"UF2 Bootloader v3.14.0 SFHWRO
Model: Grand Central M4 Express
Board-ID: SAMD51P20A-GrandCentral-v0"

Does this mean it's bricked?

Totally lost here.

Thanks for any ideas or direction.

Thank you,
James

ps I searched the internet and forums to the best of my ability. i apologize if this has been addressed.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Is my Grand Central Bricked

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

If you're able to get the bootloader folder to show up, then it's not bricked.

Make sure you've installed the correct Board Support Packages (both Arduino and Adafruit):
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gra ... rduino-ide

Make sure the correct board is being selected in the Arduino IDE.

Then try uploading a basic Blink example:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gra ... nk-2854174

sbarbaro

Post by sbarbaro »

Thank you very much for your reply. I went through all those steps to double check, but they were all previously completed successfully. Strangely, the board was working, I was able to upload sketches, and then it just stopped. It entered some state where the TX and RX leds are on constantly when powered. The board cannot be seen by the computer in Arduino. When I double press the button the neopixel changes from off to green and the boot loader folder opens. Then I can see the board in arduino. I tried updating the bootloader file per https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cir ... OIQAvD_BwE to no avail.

The Blink an LED code says that it verifies but then the red LED attached to Pin D13 doesn't flash.

If it's appropriate to ask, would there be anything else I can try?

Thank you very much in advance.

James

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

There should be a file named INFO_UF2.TXT in the BOOT folder when the board is in bootloader mode. Can you paste the contents of that file here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”