DT-9205B: defeat auto power-off

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NO6B

DT-9205B: defeat auto power-off

Post by NO6B »

Recent bought the above DMM, & really like everything about it EXCEPT that darn auto power-off! With some DMMS this is defeatable on power-up by holding down some button when turning it on, but there is nothing on the DT-9205B but the mechanical on-off switch & rotary selector. Right now I'm doing some R&D where the meter is being used for hours at a time & it's getting rather annoying switching it off & on to keep it going. Any ideas as to how to modify it to defeat auto power-off? Thanks!

mikeysklar

Re: DT-9205B: defeat auto power-off

Post by mikeysklar »

Without the convenient "hold down on power up" override you will have to hack the timing circuit on this meter.

There is a discussion thread on the closely related DT-9205A which has a diagram of the power down circuitry.

https://maker.pro/forums/threads/multim ... em.269737/

NO6B

Re: DT-9205B: defeat auto power-off

Post by NO6B »

Thanks. Haven't had time to pop open my DT-9205B yet but I do see the schematic. If the 9205B uses the same circuit then bypassing it will be very easy. In fact a jumper on the power switch to keep the battery connected to the 47 uF cap when powered on would do it without even touching the PCB.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”