HUZZAH32, pins and WLED

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
drizzt321

HUZZAH32, pins and WLED

Post by drizzt321 »

So I got a HUZZAH32 ESP32, and the 128x64 OLED FeatherWing, with the intention of using with WLED-SR branch. Looking at the Huzzah pinout, I notice that IO2 is not connect to the edge, which is the default for WLED to use for LEDs. Seems like I should be able to use IO4 (A5 pin), which seems to have the same capabilities as the IO2 pin.

Just looking for a double check, should work fine?

EDIT: Also, how do I disable the flickering charging LED? I don't have/won't have a LiPo hooked up to this. Do I just need to unsolder it?

adafruit_support_carter

Re: HUZZAH32, pins and WLED

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I'd think so. Can change the output pin via the web interface once the WLED firmware is up and running. Assuming that works the same in the -SR branch.
EDIT: Also, how do I disable the flickering charging LED? I don't have/won't have a LiPo hooked up to this. Do I just need to unsolder it?
Yep. That behavior is normal and expected when there is no battery attached.

drizzt321

Post by drizzt321 »

adafruit_support_carter wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:46 pm
I'd think so. Can change the output pin via the web interface once the WLED firmware is up and running. Assuming that works the same in the -SR branch.
Yes, not a problem. Just wanted to double check with those who probably understand/know micros a bit better than I do, though I am learning!
Yep. That behavior is normal and expected when there is no battery attached.
Right, I understand, but is there a way to stop it? I won't ever have a battery attached, so it's pretty annoying. Well, not a battery attached to the board, I will be using an external USB 5v battery pack.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

There are some potential suggestions here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=884502

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”