CPE SAMD21 won't go into Boot Loader mode or appear in Win 10 FileExplore or OSX Finder

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sjosephmann

CPE SAMD21 won't go into Boot Loader mode or appear in Win 10 FileExplore or OSX Finder

Post by sjosephmann »

Hi, I have two Circuit Playground Express (SAMD21) boards and neither seem to want to go into Boot Loader mode or appear in Win 10 FileExplore (Lenovo T440s) or OSX Finder (MacBook M1 Pro 16"). One is new and unmodified and the other has had a program put on it, about two years ago. Not sure why they're not working. I'm sure the issue is between the keyboard and the back of the chair. My son (11) really wants to play with them, and it something he's finally interested in beside BANNED or Hero Academy. I did have the Adafruit "Drivers" installed. But, uninstalled them without success. Here's a video of the issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMTJz7IOVa8

Best,

Joe & Aidan

neradoc

Re: CPE SAMD21 won't go into Boot Loader mode or appear in Win 10 FileExplore or OSX Finder

Post by neradoc »

So the steady red for the second board would be: it's in UF2 bootloader mode but doesn't enumerate on USB, have you verified that the USB cable does carry data and not just power ? It's a very common issue.

sjosephmann

Re: CPE SAMD21 won't go into Boot Loader mode or appear in Win 10 FileExplore or OSX Finder

Post by sjosephmann »

Yes, I tried multiple cables. Including cables I’ve used previously with are doing a ink, mega and nano. Is there a procedure or process where I can terminal into the device? As I mentioned, I have access to both Mac OS X and windows 10.

sjosephmann

Post by sjosephmann »

That should have read "Including cables I’ve used previously used with Arduino uno, mega and nano."

sjosephmann

Post by sjosephmann »

Well, I take that back. Apparently it was the cable. (face palm!) Case closed! Thank you!!

neradoc

Post by neradoc »

Schrödinger was right: USB cables are probabilistic.
Did it solve both ?

petespaco

Post by petespaco »

Maybe a small point, but, after making that "NO Data" cable mistake more times that I'd like to admit, I now have two 4 X 6 inch LABELLED plastic food containers that have some of each type stored in them (for each type of cable terminations that I use). I also LABEL each cable (as to "Data" vs "NoData"with a piece of masking tape.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”