Clue stopped working

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
KimBruce

Clue stopped working

Post by KimBruce »

Order #2351632-4988211502
Ordered Aug. 23, 2020

Although ordered a while back. Today I opened the Adabox015 box for the first time.

Hi. Today I
opened the clue component that I got quite a while ago in an adabox. When I connected it to power the first time the preprogrammed code was on it. I unplugged it and then when I plugged it in again for the second time it didn't work. I clicked reset to put it in bootloader it didn't work. I then opened up Arduino and did all the necessary preparations but it wasn't recognized in port com. I looked up all troubleshooting and couldn't find anything to help. The bigger led is a solid red light. The smaller led near reset button blinks about 2 or 3 times a second.
I looked through the forums and the only ones i can find like my situation are locked.

Is it broken and if it is could I get a replacement?

mikeysklar

Re: Clue stopped working

Post by mikeysklar »

You are two years out of warranty, but we can help you troubleshoot this a bit further before giving up on it.

Can you describe your setup?

What OS are you running?

Are you using a known good USB data cable that you can see other controllers with?

Are you using a good USB port that supports enough current?

KimBruce

Post by KimBruce »

I'm running the latest Windows but the clue isn't working when I connect it straight to power either. I was going to use Arduino IDE 1.8.19 to code it.

Yes to all the other questions

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Does the Windows Device Manager detect anything when you plug the CLUE in (normal mode or bootloader)?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”