Hallowing M0 no response, not recognized as a port

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MiekB

Hallowing M0 no response, not recognized as a port

Post by MiekB »

I recently purchased a Hallowing M0 Express, part # 3900. Only the yellow CHG LED on the board has ever blinked.
I have never seen anything on the display.
(*) When I had the below problems, I pulled out an Arduino Uno R3 to test my basic setup. It had no problems.
(*) I have been following "https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-hallowing/setup" and selecting the M0 information.
(*) Yes, I have flipped the on / off switch to both sides and retried, just in case. No difference.
(*) I have tried multiple USB cables and ports just in case.
(*) Under both Mac and Windows , it does not show up as a USB device so no visible port in Arduino.

I would like a replacement or return please.

- Miek

dastels

Re: Hallowing M0 no response, not recognized as a port

Post by dastels »

Have you confirmed that you have tried a data USB cable?

You've tried double-pressing reset to get HALLOWBOOT?

Dave

MiekB

Post by MiekB »

Dave, here are my responses:

(*) "Have you confirmed that you have tried a data USB cable?" I don't have any device that uses micro USB for data. But I have tried six different commercially available cables purchased at different times from different sellers. NONE of them allow me to see the menu pick under -> Tools -> Port that plugging an Arduino Uno shows. With the Hallowing connected, the Arduino IDE says "No ports detected."

(*) "You've tried double-pressing reset to get HALLOWBOOT?" Yes, I have tried fast double click, slower double click, and slower... I have tried different combinations more than a dozen times.

Thanks!

- Miek

dastels

Post by dastels »

When you double-press reset do you ever have the red LED next to the USB connector pulse quickly?

Dave

MiekB

Post by MiekB »

No Dave, I have never seen the red LED turned on ever.
Nothing is ever been on the display.
The power switch is set to "ON" but I have tried everything again with the switch set to "OFF" just in case.
I have tried six different USB cables from different vendors purchased at different times. No difference.
No reset switch double click combination of slow or fast clicks or clicking and giving it time to reset.
It has never shown up as a 'Port" or device under the Arduino IDE or Windows Device Manager..
No short or long single click gets any response from the board.

The yellow LED blinks. How it blinks depends on if the battery (that I bought from you) is plugged in and if the USB cable is connected.

Could I please get a replacement or return?

Thank you.

- Miek

dastels

Post by dastels »

The LED should flash even without a data cable, so I'm confident the board has a problem. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Hallowing M0.

The yellow LED is part of the charger and indicates nothing about the rest of the board.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”