Celsius to Fahrenheit

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
TheGodmothersGarden

Celsius to Fahrenheit

Post by TheGodmothersGarden »

Is there a wat to make the components like the aht20 work in F not Celsius. It kind of of makes it useless because i have to look up the conversions every time.

I feel like most of the users of adafruit io are in the States. Would really love to see an option or at least have it be F by default.

dastels

Re: Celsius to Fahrenheit

Post by dastels »

You can always wrap the AHTx0 class's temperature method with something that converts C to F.

As for making F the default... most of the world uses metric so C is a sensible default. And the sensor reports temperature in C.

I'm not seeing the connection between the sensory library and Adafruit IO. And I don't see anything in Adafruit IO that specifically mentions units.

Dave

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. We have an open issue for adding conversions to the WipperSnapper Beta firmware.

TheGodmothersGarden

Post by TheGodmothersGarden »

Any luck with adding this to the next firmware update I use this very often and it would be amazing if it’s not to hard for you guys to do. Please and thank you 🙏

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

TheGodmothersGarden wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:17 am Any luck with adding this to the next firmware update I use this very often and it would be amazing if it’s not to hard for you guys to do. Please and thank you 🙏
We discussed this last week and merged in a solution.(https://github.com/adafruit/Wippersnapp ... 06cfafefef).

For devices with a temperature sensor, we'll present component options for enabling a temperature sensor to report data either degC or degF.

It's not live yet, but it'll be in an upcoming firmware release, we'll blog about it when it's up :)

whmckinley

Post by whmckinley »

Can't wait for it to go live, Got about 15 of these I'll need to deploy for family.
IMG_3262.JPG
IMG_3262.JPG (86.52 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
AHT20 with ESP32-S3 qty

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

This is LIVE, you must be using Beta.51 or later!

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... .0-beta.51

whmckinley

Post by whmckinley »

At the time I programmed the module, it wasn't. But the new ones I'm building are configurable for Fahrenheit. Prototype is already cross country. Just started the builds. Have to order 13 more esp32's.

Thanks For The Update

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

You could instruct them/point them towards our documentation on how to update the WipperSnapper version running on the Qt PY ESP32-S3.

TI545

Post by TI545 »

brubell wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:11 pm This is LIVE, you must be using Beta.51 or later!

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... .0-beta.51
I gotta say, that new step-by-step update-your-board feature in wippersnapper is nice. I needed to update my esp32-s2 qtpy from beta 31, and beta 51 was there. I had been jumping back to learn.adafruit each time to get the steps right. Thanks.

ksprayberry

Post by ksprayberry »

I just updated my Funhouse to beta 51 and setup the AHT20 to publish Fahrenheit temperatures every 5 minutes. The 5th and 6th readings are in Fahrenheit, but it reverted back to Celsius, and the rest are in Celsius. Still happy, another step closer than it was a few months back. Nice progress!

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

ksprayberry wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 pm I just updated my Funhouse to beta 51 and setup the AHT20 to publish Fahrenheit temperatures every 5 minutes. The 5th and 6th readings are in Fahrenheit, but it reverted back to Celsius, and the rest are in Celsius. Still happy, another step closer than it was a few months back. Nice progress!
Weird, that should not be happening!

Could you please submit a bug report and fill out all the required information so we can reproduce and fix it: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... .md&title=

ksprayberry

Post by ksprayberry »

i just updated to the beta53 and it's no longer reporting in Celsius it appears, but unfortunately, I think it might be reporting about 20 degrees higher. The thermostat in the house right now says 62, but the setup is reporting about 20 degrees higher, around 82 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll fill out a bug report. Still happy, it's forward progress. Hey, it's WD-40, not WD-1.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”