Is there a table of adafruit mac address to device type?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
brycejohnson

Is there a table of adafruit mac address to device type?

Post by brycejohnson »

Hi Adafruit,
We got a device some where around the building that has a mac 98:76:b6:11:a0:3e (in the adafruit range) that is configured badly. Anyway to figure out what device that is to narrow down the search?

mikeysklar

Re: Is there a table of adafruit mac address to device type?

Post by mikeysklar »

I lookedup the mac as well and see it is an Adafruit address.

Are you able to get a response at all (nmap, ping, etc)? Can you tell if it is on WiFi or hardwire?

I was not able to locate any information about how addresses are assigned to specific products.

brycejohnson

Post by brycejohnson »

Tried a few things, responses to a ping. Other then that with nmap it looked like all ports are closed. I figured someone was prototyping something and left it running on their desk, but looked around the office and didn't see anything.

Mostly annoying because it is using a static address in the DHCP range and some of my embedded devices happen to grab the same address at times... causing bad/no connectivity.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Do you have AP or switch level access to block the mac address?

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”