hoping to avoid a return on raspberry pi 4 1gb

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
tonyr1512

hoping to avoid a return on raspberry pi 4 1gb

Post by tonyr1512 »

hey guys i was told by tech support in order to initiate a return on my recently purchased rasbperry pi 4. Im using raspberry pi imager to write to my micro sd card 32gb. I was trying headless mode with the wifi and ssh preenabled and it never connects to the wifi. also I tried micro hdmi cable and I'm getting no signal output on either port. the red and green light are constantly on as photos show regardless of if microsd card is in or not. I also tried the imager on a thumb drive to see if it would do the same without a microsd and same thing, I cant get any video output nothing, I just received please help me figure this out or send me a replacement pi, I just purchased this.
Attachments
PXL_20221022_034455214.jpg
PXL_20221022_034455214.jpg (193.86 KiB) Viewed 105 times
PXL_20221022_034442705.jpg
PXL_20221022_034442705.jpg (137.29 KiB) Viewed 105 times

bidrohini

Re: hoping to avoid a return on raspberry pi 4 1gb

Post by bidrohini »

I think the product is bad. You'd better initiate the returning process ASAP.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

When were the heat sinks added to the Pi?

Please try this:
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... this-first
Sounds like you've already attempted this. But please try again. There is some additional info there about configuring wifi and configuring HDMI that might help.

tonyr1512

Post by tonyr1512 »

Hey I tried that link you sent me. I’ve tried booting without anything attached, I tried writing to the sd card not using another one from another pi. I also tried safe mode, i/e #hdmi_safe=1. And I have an official specific raspberry pi power supply an iunliker 17.5W 5v 3.5a usb c that came with the case that I got for it on amazon. The heat sinks also came with the case. And of course also tried headless mode as that post suggests. I have also tried loading re writing the eeprom incase of a corrupted eeprom, problem is its as same as before a solid red and green light regardless of the situation no blinks nothing the red light comes on with a millisecond before the green light comes on and stays on. Please let me know where we can go from here.

brucesa85

Post by brucesa85 »

Same issue I'm having

viewtopic.php?t=195520

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@tonyr1512 Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number. They can refund your order. Unfortunately there is currently not enough stock to do a replacement.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”