how best to hook up to circuit board

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
gonzo48

how best to hook up to circuit board

Post by gonzo48 »

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for suggestions, so if not, please let me know the appropriate forum.

I just purchased several 6 inch 10-pin (2 rows of 5) header sockets, product ID 370. I think this will connect to the SMARC iMX8 carrier board I am working on. But I don't know how to use/connect to the other end. These 10-pin headers are the input/output for headsets on the board and I need to connect some military style headsets to these boards. The headsets I have use heavy duty connectors on the cord and I need to cut off the connectors, strip the wires and connect these wires to the 10-pin headers on the carrier board.

I just ordered the 6 inch flat cables, one end connects to the carrier board and I need something to connect to the other end that I can use to connect the bare wires from the headsets.

Does Adafruit make a small circuit board that has the mating 10-pin header on it and some solder pads that I can use to solder the headset wires to? Any suggestions on what is the best way to connect bare wires to the 10-pin headers on this carrier board?

Thanks,
-Andres

adafruit_support_carter

Re: how best to hook up to circuit board

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

How about this option?
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2102

It's shown attached to a Perma-Proto, which you could use as general purpose breakout and solder the other wires to. It's available in a 1/4 size:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1608

gonzo48

Re: how best to hook up to circuit board

Post by gonzo48 »

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I just order several items.
-Andres

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”