QTPy/Open Network or SSID/UserID/Password options?

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
DGrzesikCSDF

QTPy/Open Network or SSID/UserID/Password options?

Post by DGrzesikCSDF »

I'm having difficulty connecting to an open network at our University. The network is 2.4/5ghz and I've added the device MAC address which should enable connection and has worked effectively with other IOT devices.

My QTPy "just worked" when I configured wippersnapper and the Adafruit IO tools on my home network to use the SHTC3 to log temperature data over the weekend. It was super impressive that it was so easy to setup and get logging.

As other people have asked on the forums, connecting to either a non-secured network or one with login credentials [SSID, Username, Password] would be really helpful in getting this great little setup configured in a University setting.

It seems that such configurations are now possible for folks using CircuitPython but not yet Wippersnapper.

Thank you!

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: QTPy/Open Network or SSID/UserID/Password options?

Post by brubell »

We have an issue for this topic here if you would like to follow (this will be the best way to track the status of this issue): https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... issues/276

If you'd like, you may "boost" that issue by leaving a comment that you'd like it/it's useful for you!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”