Windows 10 doesn't recognize my QT PY

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Kelly1234

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my QT PY

Post by Kelly1234 »

A while back I bought a couple of QT PY SAMD21 boards to play around with. After several days of working just fine I got this error message from Windows 10, "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". In the settings for my computer it said "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), Driver error. I tried rebooting the computer and resetting the board but nothing worked. I figured it was a fluke and tried another board but after a few days the same thing happened. I ordered a couple of more boards to try again. I thought maybe I wasn't ejecting the boards correctly when I was unplugging them from my computer so I made a conscience decision to make sure and eject them every time. This worked for several weeks and I thought that was the issue. Tonight after playing around with some code for about 30 minutes out of nowhere, I get the same error message. Windows can no longer find my board or any ports. I plugged in my last new board and Windows said it was setting up the QT PY then seconds later it returned the same error message. It can't be a fluke when 4 boards fail in short order. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Are the boards salvageable or do I need to start from scratch? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

bidrohini

Re: Windows 10 doesn't recognize my QT PY

Post by bidrohini »

Here I found this paragraph in this troubleshooting guideline: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-qt- ... leshooting

"Windows 10
Did you install the Adafruit Windows Drivers package by mistake, or did you upgrade to Windows 10 with the driver package installed? You don't need to install this package on Windows 10 for most Adafruit boards. The old version (v1.5) can interfere with recognizing your device. Go to Settings -> Apps and uninstall all the "Adafruit" driver programs."

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”