poe+ hat/ official cm4 Carrier board incompatibility Refund/rma requested

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
chase_

poe+ hat/ official cm4 Carrier board incompatibility Refund/rma requested

Post by chase_ »

Official cm4 carrier board requires poe pi hat for poe, i purchased the poe+ pi hat and cm4 carrier board from adafruit (Order Confirmation No: 2952178-6843456197) received the products last night, installed them carefully on to the pin headers then fastened down with included hardware and stand offs. Powered up via Ethernet poe+ (ubiquiti udm se) heard awful coil whine like noises (not constant but changing), tried poe port instead, same thing. The whine was very loud not at all like what one would expect from normal operation on switch mode psu. Searched online found nothing relevant, took the hat off after emailing support assuming i had a defective unit since fan would not spin either (just a jolt at power on) and the transformers were running very hot after a short period. I examined the board and what appears to be a choke perhaps was damaged and i see now that it just colides with hdmi port which presumably cracked it when the stand offs were installed, applying pressure to the hat.
20221108_034406~2.jpg
20221108_034406~2.jpg (389.16 KiB) Viewed 84 times
20221108_034454~2.jpg
20221108_034454~2.jpg (173.72 KiB) Viewed 84 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: poe+ hat/ official cm4 Carrier board incompatibility Refund/rma requested

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

That coil is obviously damaged. Can you please post this in the Raspberry Pi forums:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com

All the hardware being used here is from Raspberry Pi. So if there is actually an interference issue, it'd be worth bringing to their attention. Or hopefully they can provide other info for why that would happen.

Can link to the RP forum thread here and we'll monitor it.

chase_

Post by chase_ »

No, this is a waste of my time, i would like an rma or refund. I already am frustrated at the slow forum system. I have already emailed rbpi foundation about it and received no response. I am not interested in wasting my time in forums over a 20 dollar board

I showed the exact problem there is interference with the hardware on the hdmi port. There is a collision theres no if there is, i showed a picture with the broken piece and the collision point

A week response turn around and multiple reminders to support is not reasonable service. I may have been more willing to do some more leg work if it had been on the 2 day time table (already long) claimed.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Send another email to [email protected]. This time include a link to this thread. They can refund you for the Poe HAT.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”