Feather ESP32-S2 stopped powering QT devices

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mabateman

Feather ESP32-S2 stopped powering QT devices

Post by mabateman »

Having an odd issue with a Feather ESP32-S2.

I had a chain of devices connected to the QT port, ESP32-S2 -> Ada Rotary Encoder -> Ada 128x128 Grayscale OLED -> TMP117

All was working fine until I flashed a new sketch onto the board, then I noticed the screen did not start up, and I also notice the green pwr led on each of the QT boards was not it.

Code was running on the ESP but it just could not find any I2C device.

Unplugged the string of devices from the ESP32-S2 and moved them to a ESP32-S3 flashed the same sketch and all working perfectly, powers up and all showing pwr led on.

I plugged the S2 board into USB and checked the 3v3 pins and they read 3.3V, checked the en pin was high, it was reading about 4.3V, USB pin reading the expected 5V.

Next I checked the voltage on the QT port directly, again shows ok at 3.3V.

Does the 3v3 regulator have some sort of over current cut out? I removed some devices and it didn’t seem to help so stuck at the moment what is going on with this board.

Any idea’s?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Feather ESP32-S2 stopped powering QT devices

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The regulators do have some output protection, but it's usually a combination of current and die temperature.

Try connecting a 100 Ohm resistor between the 3.3V and GND pins.. see what voltage you get with a current load on the pin.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”