Dead Boards

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jbeagle

Re: Dead Boards

Post by jbeagle »

I have not reported it anyplace but in this thread. It did not work on ether CircuitPython version. This is my third bad board. It would be nice if someone would test the boards before they are shipped.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

It did not work on ether CircuitPython version.
Just to be clear here - the screen behavior was as shown in the photos with both versions? That was the behavior out of the box?

Also to make sure - the UF2 file you used to change to 7.3.3 was for the Titano? Downloaded from here?
https://circuitpython.org/board/pyportal_titano/
(and not accidentally a UF2 for one of the other PyPortals)

EDIT - Also, here's another useful test. It seems like you are able to get the Titano into bootloader mode OK, since you were able to upload a CircuitPython UF2. Get back into bootloader mode again, but this time drag over this self test UF2:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pyp ... duino-test
The file named PyPortal_Titano_Self_Test.UF2. Can click on green button on that page to download. Any different behavior on the display with that?

jbeagle

Post by jbeagle »

To be clear, The Titano Board came with CircuitPython 5.x on it and the screen was ghosted. I used a terminal window to run a " cp -X adafruit-circuitpython-pyportal_titano-en_US-7.3.3.uf2 /Volumes/PORTALBOOT " as the drag and drop does not work on the current version of Mac. The Titano board loaded the code just fine and the screen is still ghosted.

That is the behavior out of the box.

On to today ask, I put the Titano into boot loader mode and used the command to copy the new code over "cp -X PyPortal_Titano_Self_Test.UF2 /Volumes/PORTALBOOT" The screen is still ghosted and I have attached a pic of the screen.
IMG_1639.jpeg
IMG_1639.jpeg (229.18 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Please let me know the next step.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Thanks for the additional testing and info. For whatever reason, that's looking like a bad display. If think we've checked all the things that can be checked. All we can try is sending yet another Titano. We'd also like to RMA whatever non-working Titano boards you still have so we can look at them and try and figure out what is happening. The Titano stock was confirmed good before sending you that last board, so very mysterious what is happening here.

For the replacement, same process as before - send an email to [email protected] and link them to this thread and they can send you another Titano. Please also work with them to RMA whatever non-working Titano's you still have back.

Sorry this has been such an epic. Thanks for all the continued efforts in troubleshooting.

jbeagle

Post by jbeagle »

thank you for working with me on this one. I have sent the email and I will return the bad board as soon as I get the RMA

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

did the replacements work?

jbeagle

Post by jbeagle »

Thank you for reaching out to me , yes the replacement board is working perfectly!

I hope everyone there had a great Christmas and hope you all have fun tonight!!

Happy new year to all!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”