File copy hangs to matrix portal M4

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
eframe

File copy hangs to matrix portal M4

Post by eframe »

I plug the board into my computers USB port and it recognizes and mounts as a drive (Windows 10). I pull it up in file explorer but when I try to copy to or from the matrix portal M4 it the status never moves from from 0% and eventually errors out. I've tried many different USB cables and all with the same result.

Franklin97355

Re: File copy hangs to matrix portal M4

Post by Franklin97355 »

What is the drive name and is there any files showing? If you see a drive the cable should not be the problem.

eframe

Post by eframe »

Yes, I see the drive and can see the files after I double press the reset button and the green LED comes on. When I try to copy either to or from the drive the copy dialog comes up and and just stays at 0%. It works on other computers that I've tried so it's got to be some sort of conflict with the driver or something. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the USB controller and root hub drivers and still the same result.

dastels

Post by dastels »

See https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... ed-3047716 which sounds like your situation.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”