SP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAM

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
forum_questions_1

SP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAM

Post by forum_questions_1 »

Hi,

After I was unable to get a Feather V2 going, I purchased an S3 (Adafruit ESP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAM - STEMMA QT / Qwiic).

I have had more progress with this due to the native USB. Mu recognizes the board.

However, I cannot get any new code to run. I tried the LED test and that did not work. So I tried to just get some info to come up in the REPL. I entered print("test") and in the REPL window it said:

code.py output:
Hello World!
Code done running.

Every time I save a new file, I get the same output in the REPL (the results of print("Hello World!)).

I am using Windows 10, Mu 1.2.0, and have loaded the lastest UF2 file (version 8.0.0 beta 4) onto the USB drive. CIRCUITPY shows up in the file directory with the expected folders and files.

Do you have any ideas how I can move beyond "Hello World"? Thank you!

forum_questions_1

Re: SP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAM

I think I might have figured it out.

When I save new code as the file name code.py it works.

Is this how it goes with running python code? To run it, does the file have to be named code.py? I was saving the files as other names "test.py", test1.py" etc.

Thanks!

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

To run automatically, name the file code.py (preferred) or main.py. Note that file can always import some other file.

You can also run files manually from the REPL. Connect via the Serial window in Mu, and do `import test1` (for test1.py), etc. You can only import a file once in the REPL; then you must restart CircuitPython by typing a ctrl-D in the REPL to get a fresh start.

forum_questions_1

Cool, thank you very much for that clear explanation! I think I am up and running now with this.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”