Display OLED PID 2719

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dept_980

Display OLED PID 2719

Post by Dept_980 »

Hi, order number 2951044-7331251759 order date 11-1-22. I received the display. I connected the display. It does not work. I have an older display that is the same part number from another old project. I connected the old display with jump wires to the same circuit / the exact pins of the new display and the new display is not working but the old display is working. I would like a replacement for the new display. (note the new display I have not taken off the clear protective film). Thank you.
Attachments
picture of new display not working
picture of new display not working
adafruit display.JPG (115.26 KiB) Viewed 73 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Display OLED PID 2719

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Are the mode jumpers set the same on both displays?
https://learn.adafruit.com/1-5-and-2-4- ... e/assembly

Dept_980

Re: Display OLED PID 2719

Post by Dept_980 »

Thank you for the tip on Modes. https://learn.adafruit.com/1-5-and-2-4- ... e/assembly I found in the changing modes on display assembly section of your website the SPI mode and the I2C mode. I needed the SPI mode. The new display came in I2C resistor soldered location mode. I desoldered the two resistors and soldered them in the correct location for SPI mode. The display is now working. One suggestion to help other users could be to make this a little more up front on the description of the display when someone is purchasing. Also if the pictures could be a little better labeled in that mode change section of your website. Maybe add the text of SPI Mode on the pic. ( attachment with the pics from your website and I added the yellow text onto the pics to make it more clear ). I'm happy the display is now working. Thank you for your help.
SPI_Mode.JPG
SPI_Mode.JPG (41.37 KiB) Viewed 55 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”