Cannot Login To IO

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
_phillip

Cannot Login To IO

Post by _phillip »

I am testing the Adafruit 'adafruitio_15_temp_humidity' sketch but cannot login. This is the error I get:
adafruit-io-disconnected-problem.png
adafruit-io-disconnected-problem.png (442.72 KiB) Viewed 246 times

My IO credentials are correct and have been used for over a year on another sketch.
My wifi credentials are also correct and well tested.

I followed the info about updating my SSL certificates on this webpage:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... rtificates
talavera-certificate-OK.png
talavera-certificate-OK.png (540.35 KiB) Viewed 246 times
As can be seen the Talavera domain has been uploaded.

I found some good help on this Adafruit webpage
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-a ... io-project
which has specific info the the Feather MO WIFI which I am using. I did all of that and I still not able to connect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jwcooper

Re: Cannot Login To IO

Post by jwcooper »

Any errors on https://io.adafruit.com/monitor while you try to connect?

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

Thanks so much for your post.

To back up a bit, because I am using an Adafruit Feather MO WIFI the norm has always been to set the wifi pins for this board. The 'adafruitio ...' sketch that I am testing oddly does not mention setting these wifi pins anywhere. Because of that, I thought this was what was preventing the sketch from connecting to the Adafruit IO so I added that code to the sketch. That was no help which makes me wonder why this code is recommended for Feather boards to make a wifi connection but seems not to matter in this particular sketch?

At any rate, I did as you suggested. Here is a grab of what I saw.
adafruit-monitor-disconnect-grab.png
adafruit-monitor-disconnect-grab.png (217.07 KiB) Viewed 224 times
I will re-install all credentials and try again.

Thank you.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

To back up a bit, because I am using an Adafruit Feather MO WIFI the norm has always been to set the wifi pins for this board. The 'adafruitio ...' sketch that I am testing oddly does not mention setting these wifi pins anywhere. Because of that, I thought this was what was preventing the sketch from connecting to the Adafruit IO so I added that code to the sketch.
Hi - jumping in. Do the other sketches (like adafruitio 1) which involve setting the WiFi pins work for you? Is it just this sketch?

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

I should have mentioned that I do not have the DHT22 wired up to this Feather that I am using for this sketch. I am simply trying to learn how this particular code makes a wifi connection to IO.

I will wire up the DHT22 to this board and see if that is affecting my wifi connect issue.

Thank you.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

@brubell
brubell wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:34 pm Do the other sketches (like adafruitio 1) which involve setting the WiFi pins work for you?
Every sketch that I have coded up using a Feather MO WIFI board has had the WIFI pins set as noted above. However, my tried-and-true test sketch compiled without error this morning, but did not send texts as it always had using my test Feather MO WIFI board.

Background
The test Feather MO WIFI board had its Firmware updated as well as having its SSL certificate reinstalled yesterday as seen next:
talavera-certificate-OK.png
talavera-certificate-OK.png (540.35 KiB) Viewed 216 times
I uploaded my test sketch to another Feather MO WIFI board and the test sketch worked as it always has. So, somehow, the 'updating' that I did yesterday to the test Feather board has prevented it from working as it always had.

In addition, I am still plagued with the 'overload' error message. It is very random and exists with both Arduino IDE's. I overcome it by opening/closing the sketch until it stops. I know you probably do not believe this, but this is the way it is. It makes no sense to me.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

It seems that the IO has changed because my Dashboards are no longer visible. This is what I saw while logged in using my water project Feather board as shown next.
adafruit-io-live-grab copy.png
adafruit-io-live-grab copy.png (245.1 KiB) Viewed 214 times
To be clear - this is not data from the 'adafruitio...' sketch. This data came from my water project Feather board as shown next.
enclosure.jpeg
enclosure.jpeg (153.14 KiB) Viewed 214 times
The 'adafruitio...' sketch still will not login. Thanks.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

What is the rate you are sending data to IO?

I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet with the disconnections, sending too much data too quickly would cause a disconnection, I think.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”